When it comes to fashion, women have a wide range of options but with gents, it's understatement to say even say 'limited' options.
Plus with males becoming ever more concerned with their appearance and not only their muscles it's time they got some attention.
It's rare to find effortless fashion for the masculine male on his way to work, out with mates or dates. Well, never fear, the fashion guru is here! When l'm not dressing my friends or trying to make my older brother look more 'sensual' l am always getting ideas for menswear blog posts. So if you're shopping for your partner or a dude on the look out for AW16 fashion trends to purchase on the high street here's my low-down on the 2016 trends.
I present to you, one of my favourite AW16 Men's Fashion Week collections showcased in London this week by Gieves Hawkes.
Coats & Jackets
1. A staple for the winter wardrobe, double-breasted coat with a polo neck. For that extra masculine professional touch add leather gloves and boots.
2. Another classic that doesn't go out of season is the brown leather jacket. The contrasting knitwear and trousers gives the look edge and strangely enough just works!
4. If you're opting for a simple yet casual ensemble, l'd highly recommend a quality cable knit jumper. With a great piece you can always dress it down at home or up if you're going out with mates.
5. Dudes, dump the black and select a black, white and grey textured cardigan. Not to sure about the back pack but hey if you're a part-time superhero (aka Spiderman or Superman) it will definitely come in handy.
5. Thick textured cardigan jackets with a centre zip are great for the mild weather and ideal for that smart casual look. After all you may want to put your suit blazer away if you've got a date and have an alternative option for after work.
6. Gilets are great for casual wear if you're going out with the mates and have nothing to wear. Just pair with a knitted jumper and you're all good to go.
7. How can we forget the jeans - a mans best friend. Darker denim shade are great as they usually go with most colours as seen below with the brown collared straight cut jacket.
8. If you've got an important meeting and you have to go smart for work, combine wool textured suits with knitwear. The grey suit works best for those 'l mean serious business' meetings.
I hope you enjoyed the practical, British and very modern day masculine fashion trends. The gents will be fighting off the ladies with these looks!
I hope you enjoy reading the magazine, as much as I loved sharing the hidden fashion gems and supporting women promoting their fashion business. I'm always on the lookout for inspirational women running or thinking of starting up a fashion business. If you're one, please get in touch and you can join me at one of my exclusive meetups for women with fashion businesses.