After seeing Burberry’s fashion collection at London Fashion Week l was inspired to play with prints.
- Organise themes & colours - section similar themes or colours to give you an idea which fabrics might go together best. Viewing all the fabrics will give you a better idea of what they might look like once sewn.
- Best to test - check which fabrics work together and look great. Even just cutting a sample piece and putting them next to each other helps.
- Snap it - it may sound strange but taking a photo of the fabrics next to each other ill give you a true picture and it truly works. If your like Sadiqua (my sister) take a look the next day with a fresh mind.
- Plan & prepare - always plan your outfits. Draw them out to imagine the final product if you have to. Trust me planning and preparing plays off.
- Accessorise - similar to Burberry complete the look with fabulous items such as bag, waist belt and not to forget coat or jackets.
I hope all these tips help! AND start playing with prints :)
I hope you enjoy reading the magazine, as much as I loved sharing the hidden fashion gems and supporting women promoting their fashion business. I'm always on the lookout for inspirational women running or thinking of starting up a fashion business. If you're one, please get in touch and you can join me at one of my exclusive meetups for women with fashion businesses.